Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Time is Here

So Christmas time is in full-swing by my standards! I'd just thought I'd share a few of the activities that I do that make it Christmas time to me!

The first is the Miller-Scott banquet at Johnson, which is our annual Christmas dinner at school where the professors and staff serve us dinner, everyone gets dressed up, and then we go to a show put on by the professors, which is usually hilarious. 

Here is the table I sat with!

My sweet friend Maria

And here's my fella!

This always makes me feel like it's Christmas time at school! Along with the end of school, comes finals, but after that it's break! Which means Christmas is definitely getting closer!

Another thing I love about Christmas is Christmas music, and the past two years Chad and I have enjoyed Christmas music by going to Dave Barnes's "A Very Merry Christmas." This year, Chad and I bought each other VIP tickets to go meet Dave Barnes, and get 3rd row seats! It was such a fun night!

We met Dave Barnes on our way into the auditorium! 

 the stage looked so great

Dave played a song to just the VIP people before everyone else entered the auditorium. Super fun!

 And then the actual show, which was phenomenal with so many super talented special guests!

My current Christmas music playlist includes "Let it snow, let it Reindeer" by Relient K, the Peanuts' Christmas, "A Very Merry Christmas" by Dave Barnes, the Beach Boy's Christmas album, the Michael Buble' Christmas album, and I've also included the Mumford and Sons new album "Bable" to remember the Advent and the story of God's people leading up to his birth and the fulfillment of prophecies! I've enjoyed listening to music in a different way this year to remember the story of God bringing his people back to him through the birth of his Son on this earth! What an incredible story that no one but God himself could have ever orchestrated! 

I now have almost all my Christmas shopping and wrapping done, mom and I have decided on a Christmas day menu, and we are ready to spend time with family and friends to celebrate our Lord's birth! 

I hope you have a very merry Christmas and I hope you remember the story of that baby in a stable who became the Savior of the World! Merry Christmas! 

-Liv

No comments:

Post a Comment